Why is it that in summer, you can never quite breathe in enough oxygen? The air is heavier somehow. Even if you breathe like a buffalow, or transform yourself into some glass-blowing bellows machine, the quivering cells in your lungs still gasp for more. I've been exhausted all week. For no real reason. Dragging myself through the days, seeing a desert beneath the deceptive curtain of the green uwa campus. Fixated with a kind of detached dismay at how every cell seemed to wimper out in protest at the prospect of exertion. hehe, i very nearly fell asleep in one of my lectures. DROWWWWWWWWWWSSSYYY.
I had the best break i can remember ever having though. I wish i could just for a moment incarnate that glorious week just so i could hug it. Going to the beach...catching up with friends...sipping curiously away at a cider and feeling the not unpleasant novelty of slight drunkenness...kayaking with Jemps on the still waters of Matilda Bay...
Yeah. It was all good. God i wish i'd had the courage to explore all these spaces that blossom in the beautiful axis of the right time and the right company. I need someone to work on me with a jackhammer to crack out all the surface stiffness.
No comments:
Post a Comment