Friday, August 27, 2010

Right now, i am fruitlessly and half-heartedly scanning the internet for a good, sexist article to castrate for a women's studies assignment (yes, i do WS, fuck off. I'm no dismembering harpy, ok?)

So i was scouring a plethora of newspaper articles from this UK magazine called 'The Guardian', and one title caught my eye: 'Women: embrace your facial hair!'. Beneath was a black and white photograph of a bearded woman.

A partisan of the 'Hairy Awarey' campaign contributed this: "Now I am proud of my hairy lip. I sit playing with it when I am thinking, or watching TV."


"Del La Grace Volcano, formerly known as the lesbian photographer Della Grace, grew her goatee beard in the late 1990s to much media consternation."

and,

"Maybe it's because I am 40, and men look at me less, but I feel so much better now I am letting it all grow out."

HAHAHAHAHHA

yeah, no.

No comments:

Post a Comment